An ENS_SOURCE object wraps an EnSight extension that is capable of generating specific Nexus data items from the current session state and pushing them into the current Nexus database. The extensions are written in Python and implement the getReportItemSourceInstance() method. The ENS_SOURCE object includes a reference to the extension and its associated configuration attributes. For example, the "Image" source includes the size of the image and the anti-aliasing attributes. It will render the image using the attributes and then push the results to Nexus.
- destroy(): The destroy method can be called to delete this ENS_SOURCE object. It will also be deleted if its parent is deleted.
- DESCRIPTION: The name of this source.
- PARENT: The ENS_STATE parent of this source.
- ACTIVE: If true, when a new report is generated, this source will be asked to send Nexus data items to the connected server. If false, this source is skipped.
- TAGS: A string of Nexus tags. When this object generates Nexus objects, this string will be included in the tags of each of the generated Nexus data items (along with those supplied by the parent ENS_STATE and the root ENS_STATE objects).
- SOURCE: This is a reference to the actual source object instance.
- CMDLANG_REFERENCE: This property returns the name of this ENS_SOURCE object as a valid Python and command language string. For example, after creating an initial state under the root state and adding an image source to it, the command: ensight.objs.core.STATES.CHILDREN.CHILDREN.CMDLANG_REFERENCE returns:
"ensight.objs.core.STATES.CHILDREN['New state'].CHILDREN['Image source']"